Thursday 23 July 2009

An Afternoon at the Movies

We hired the movie “Australia” this afternoon. Hmmm!!! The scenery is magnificent (and yes, I’m including Hugh Jackman in that description), and I can’t wait to get back up to the Kimberley and the Northern Territory. BUT – I’m really glad we didn’t pay good money to go and see it. The first thirty minutes was pathetic. I couldn’t work out whether it was supposed to be a drama or a comedy. Kidman was a caricature of the stuffed shirt British aristocrat, and David Wenham was the classic evil villain. Having said that, young Brandon Walters completely stole the show as the young half-caste boy “adopted” by Nicole Kidman, and David Gulpilil was wonderful as the medicine man King George.

All in all, we both enjoyed the movie – it was a nice way to spend a very cold afternoon.

Having made this report, I now need to change occupations to chef and finish off our dinner. I am using the Dream Pot to cook a Beef Hotpot which I will serve with potatoes and cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.